San Joaquin ValleyUp one level
The Linking Water and Land Use in the Upper Sacramento Valley workshop covered the following topics: The Ahwahnee Water Principles – Making the Water & Land Use Connection, Moving Toward Integration – A Roundtable Discussion, Breakout Session: Coordination and Integration – Challenges and Opportunities, Elements of Sustainability – Putting the Principles to Work, and Breakout Session: Implementing the Principles – Challenges and Opportunities. Below are the presentations for this workshop held on September 19, 2007.
- Millerton New Town - A Case Study
- Ben Ewell - President, The Clarksfield Company - This presentation features Millerton New Town as a case study for water-wise growth and cover the following topics: A. “Show me the water;” B. Water source, use, & reuse; C. Multiple agency involvement; D. Mitigation – build a house -Protect the environment; and E. Coordination, cooperation, & Integration.
- Linking Water With Land Use
- Gary Temple - President, Sierra and Foothill Citizens Alliance - This presentation takes a look at the San Joaquin Valley Watershed, fractured rock characteristics on groundwater development, groundwater quality and quantity, and implications of global warming on water.
- Water Quality, Supply and Reliability: The San Joaquin Valley Regional Water Plan - Linkages Between Land Use Planning and Water
- Kathy Wood - IRWM Executive Director, California Water Institute, CSU Fresno - This presentation covers the goals of the California Partnership for the San Joaquin Valley, an overview of the San Joaquin Valley's hydrologic regions, funding sources, and linkages between Intgrated Water Management and the Blueprint process.
- Implementing Low Impact Development to achieve water quality benefits in Contra Costa County
- Dan Cloak - P.E., Principal, Dan Cloak Environmental Consulting - This presentation reviews Contra Costa County's path to Low Impact Development (LID). It includes examples, challenges, and best practices.
- Harlan Ranch: A Master Planned Irrigation System
- Glenn Bowlin - Broussard and Associates - This presentation covers Harlan Ranch as a water-wise development case study.
- Seamless Integration
- Jim Tischer - California Water Institute - Photograph of Lake Dorothy.
- San Joaquin River Parkway
- Dave Koehler - Executive Dir., San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust - This presentation shows images of the San Joaquin River restoration efforts, lists funding sources, area maps, and the findings report.
- Integrating Water and Land Use: Opportunities, Challenges, and Priorities
- Clark Anderson - Local Government Commission - This presentation is the synthesis of the responses from the first break-out session: Coordination and Integration – Challenges and Opportunities.